Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Welcome Pt. II

Hello friends, and welcome to Candidly Olivia.

I wanted to fill you all in on the changes that will be happening to my blog. As you may or may not know, this blog was previously A Thread for Thought, and was mainly an outlet for fashion. ATFT was birthed nearly three years ago after my freshman year in college as a tangible thing for me to put on my resume. I thought it would set me apart as I applied for the jobs that all other college students and graduates would be gunning for--and it did! The bits of success I was able to achieve through ATFT were amazing, and the blog will always have a special place in my heart. However, over the past three years I have found myself tired of writing about just clothes and fashion, and found this blog to be more of a job than a fun and creative way to "be different" for employers. I want to write about more than just what I'm wearing!

Now that I'm graduated, the obvious question is what next? And for me, that will be pursuing acting! And I am so incredibly excited about it!!! (I will probably get into how I got to this point in another post) Amidst my excitement though, is a lot of where on earth am I supposed to start? I don't come from a family of artists, or even know anyone who comes from a family of artists, so this whole acting thing is new for everyone. Yes, my mom was freaked out but after 4 years of convincing, she's finally on board and fully supportive of my dream! But I couldn't help but think about all the other people out there like me who have no idea where to begin with an acting career. And so Candidly Olivia was born.

I want this blog to not only be a blog for fashion, which it still will be because ya girl loves clothes, but also one for lifestyle, DIY, and most importantly what it's really like to be 1. a funemployed college graduate, and 2. an aspiring artist. I want to take you all on my journey of post-grad life as well as my journey in pursuing acting. I am hoping to be informative to all you out there who want to get into the biz, just like me, and promise to speak candidly on my experiences as they happen.

So welcome to my "grown-up" blog, and I hope you'll join me as I chase my dreams :)


No comments:

Post a Comment